Toshiba’s super-slim 10-inch Excite, one of the hottest Android tablets this year, will debut in the U.S. on March 6, coincidentally just one day ahead of the iPad 3 event.And the name of the tablet is Excite 10 LE.
At just 7.7mm thick, the Excite 10 LE is an incredibly thin, incredibly light (535g) device.The Excite will run the old version of Android for tablets called Honeycomb. But an upgrade to the latest Ice Cream Sandwich will be ready this spring. It also has ports for Micro USB, Micro HDMI, and Micro SD cards, which will be a big plus if you want some extra storage.
- Display: 10.1-inch IPS touchscreen with a 1280 x 800 pixel resolution
- Processor: a 1.2GHz dual-core TI OMPA 4430 processor
- Memory: 1GB of RAM, and options for 16GB or 32GB storage, expandable with microSD card slot.
- Camera : front-facing 2-megapixel camera and a rear-facing 5-megapixel camera capable of 1080p video recording.
- Price: 16GB model is at $529, while the 32GB model is at $599.